Overcoming Addictions LLC
Substance Abuse Q & A
What is substance abuse?
encompasses broad levels of abuse, from moderate overuse to chemical dependency.
You can abuse many different substances, including:
- Prescription drugs
- Club drugs (PCP, ecstasy, and others)
crossing the line from abuse to addiction.
What symptoms indicate I have a substance abuse problem?
These symptoms are all signs of substance abuse that’s turning into a dependency:
- Wanting to cut back but not being able to
- Spending too much time using or recovering from the substance
- Failing to meet your work or family responsibilities
- Giving up social or recreational activities to take drugs
- Continuing to use the substance when you know it’s a problem
- Needing larger amounts to get the same feeling
- Having withdrawal symptoms if you stop using the substance
- Having an uncontrollable urge for the substance
When symptoms like nausea and shakiness improve by taking more of your drug, it’s a sure sign of substance abuse.
How is substance abuse treated?
supervision of Overcoming Addictions LLC. They prescribe medications that let you safely detox by preventing withdrawal symptoms
and stopping cravings.
on the substance you take. For example, it takes longer to get over opioid withdrawal symptoms compared with most other
therapy gives you the coping skills you need to prevent a relapse while moving forward into a thriving life.
therapist on-site in their peaceful, private office.
the phone. They answer the phone 24/7, so help is always at hand.